Frequently Asked Questions
» Our Most Commonly Asked Question
- When and where is the next flea market? At the Kay Rodgers Park Expo Center, 4400 Midland Blvd., in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
» Vendor Info & Registration
- Where can I find the registration form to set-up at the flea market? Click here to download the registration form directly from our website. If you are having difficulty printing the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form to be sent by mail. (New FSFM Forms for the July Market will be available on 5/15/13.)
- How much does it cost to set-up a booth? May I rent just a table and not an entire booth? Spaces measure 10′ x 10′ and cost $45 each. Each vendor may rent up to 4 spaces. Tables are available at an additional fee of $6 each. Tables may not be rented without booth space rental.
- What types of merchandise do you allow? We have flexible guidelines for what is allowed for sale at the flea market. The market is weighted toward vintage merchandise, but we allow other items of a quality nature such as hand-crafted pieces, art, retail closeout and direct sales booths. Approximately 75-80% of booth space at each market is filled with vintage merchandise. Items we do not allow: used clothing (except vintage), old tires, mattresses, explosives, obscene or explicit material. We reserve the right to reject or modify a vendor’s display at our discretion.
- How many people come to the flea market? Attendance ranges between 1700-2700 people.
- May I bring animals into the flea market? No. With the exception of animals certified for handicap situations, Kay Rodgers Park does not allow animals in the building.
- What are the hours for set-up & tear down? Vendor set-up is on Friday before the flea market, from 9am-8pm. Tear down is from 4pm-10pm on Saturday. NO EARLY PACKING IS ALLOWED. Dealers are expected to man their booth during the entirety of the show, from 8am-4pm on Saturday.
- May I view the floorplan? May I request a certain spot as a vendor? Our standard floorplan is will soon be available for viewing online. This layout may be modified occasionally based on the number of vendors participating in the event. Established flea market dealers have first right to requesting spaces. New vendors should request their top three preferences for space on their registration form, but are not guaranteed specific placement. You will receive your booth assignment when you check-in on Friday.
- Do I have to collect taxes? Do I need a sales tax number? What is the tax rate? The State of Arkansas requires us to distribute sales tax forms and directions for completing them to every participating vendor. You are not required to obtain a sales tax number, but if you already have one, you may report any taxable flea market sales with your normal report. The tax rate is 9.25%.
- Where do I go to unload? Must I load from outside? Two separate entrances will be designated for dealer unload. Directional signs will be placed around the building to assist you with unload. Please move your vehicle promptly when you have finished unloading and do not block the loading bay with a parked vehicle during show hours.
- Do you supply dollies? Do you have help available for me to unload? We highly advise you to bring your own dolly if possible. We do not provide porter help for unload.
- Do you have tables and chairs available for rent? Will there be electrical access in my booth? 8′ tables are available for rent for $6 each, and folding chairs for $2 each. Electrical access MUST be requested in advance and is available at an additional charge of $12. Plan to bring an extension cord of at least 50′ in length if utilizing electrical service.
» Attending the Flea Market
- What do you have at the flea market? Click here to view photos from previous Fort Smith Flea Markets (opens in a new window).
- What are your hours of operation? 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Is there an admission fee? Admission is $2 for adults, $1 for Children 6-12 and under 6 may enter free of charge.
- How large is the flea market? Our floor space is apx. 24,000 square feet and we can accommodate up to 125 10’x10′ booths.
- Is this event indoors? Are there concessions available? Yes, the flea market is completely indoors, in a climate controlled atmosphere. Full concessions are available at each event.
» Directions & Accommodations
- How do I get to Kay Rodgers Park? The map below allows you to enter the address of your starting point and obtain step-by-step directions.
- I am coming from out of town. Where should I stay? Click here to visit Trip Advisor Fort Smith hotels by recommendation.
- Have additional questions? email: email@example.com